Are you looking to rejuvenate your facial appearance and achieve a youthful look without the need for traditional facial surgery? Non-surgical facelift options offer a range of treatment choices that help you revamp your facial looks while avoiding the downtimes of surgery.
Dermal Fillers for Non-Surgical Facelift
Dermal fillers are a popular non-surgical facelift option. Injectable fillers basically are made of substances like hyaluronic acid. When injected into specific areas of the face, this compound helps replenish lost volume, diminish wrinkles, and enhance facial contours. Common examples of dermal fillers that Dr. Cusimano and other plastic surgeons typically use include Juvéderm, Restylane, and Sculptra.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Many Baton Rouge patients are keen to enhance their facial aesthetics without surgery for the following reasons:
- Immediate Results – provide instant improvement and results tend to improve over time as the filler compound settles in.
- Customizable Treatment – the sculpting effects of dermal fillers are easily tailored to meet your specific needs and desired outcomes.
- Non-Permanent Nature – unlike surgical procedures, dermal fillers are not permanent. This allows flexibility for making changes over time if necessary.
Considerations and Risks of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers certainly offer a lot of benefits, but they are not without their fair share of risks:
- Temporary Side Effects – these may include redness, swelling, or bruising at the injection sites. Side effects usually dissipate within a few days.
- Allergic Reaction – some patients may have allergies to certain filler materials. It is recommended that you tell your plastic surgeon or conduct the necessary tests if you suspect you may be allergic to filler compounds.
- Results and Maintenance – the results of dermal fillers are not permanent. Effects last anywhere from six months to two years. This means you need repeat treatments in order to maintain the outcomes of cosmetic fillers.
Other Non-Surgical Facelift Options
Outside of cosmetic fillers, other fairly common choices for non-surgical facial rejuvenation include the following:
- Botox Injections – Botox works by blocking nerve signals that cause facial muscles to contract. This effectively diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Thread Lift – this treatment entails inserting dissolvable sutures under the skin to lift and tighten sagging areas of the face. As the sutures dissolve slowly over time, they stimulate collagen production and provide a natural rejuvenation effect.
- Laser Treatment – laser therapies such as fractional laser resurfacing or intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy are known to help improve facial texture, reduce age spots, and stimulate collagen production for smoother, younger-looking skin.
- Microfocused Ultrasound (Ultherapy) – this is focused ultrasound energy that stimulates collagen production and tightens loose skin on the face and neck. The goal is to provide a more lifted facial appearance.
Why go for the minimally-invasive facelift?
Non-surgical facelifts offer a number of unique benefits for patients who only have mild facial imperfections:
- Non-Invasive – minimally invasive facial treatments are popular with patients who wish to avoid the risks and downtime associated with surgery. These procedures are perfect without incisions and anesthesia and are sometimes referred to as the lunchtime facelift.
- Minimal Downtime – most non-surgical facelifts require little to no downtime and thus make it possible for you to resume daily activities right away.
- Gradual and Natural Results – non-surgical facelift provides gradual and natural-looking results. This is important if you want to avoid the sudden and drastic changes associated with surgery.
Non-surgical facelift options such as BOTOX, dermal fillers, thread lifts, and laser therapy make a lot of sense for patients who wish to address minor aesthetic issues without the downsides of facial plastic surgery. However, it is important to note that these treatments may not be for you if you have moderate to severe facial imperfections. If this is the case, Dr. Cusimano may recommend facial therapy. Get in touch with the surgeon’s office at Cusimano Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to learn more about your non-surgical facelift options.